Wednesday 24 September 2014

Sky Blue Butterfly Panel & Red Sari Scroll: Works in progress

This small panel was just finished today! It needs a few weeks to dry completely before I pour on the final coat of resin. I've used elements from a much larger panel from a few years ago, and think it works better as a more condensed image. I started this during Open studios and as always the drying time in between layers means it will be ready around October...
Sky Blue Butterfly Sari Panel
50 cm x 40 cm
Mixed Media panel
(Thai paper, oil paint, oil pastel, enamel paint)

This is my current work in progress, a very long scroll, similar to the 'Entwined' scroll of a few years ago. It's a bit of a nightmare to work on as most of my long boards are in storage, hence the new technique of not cutting it off the paper before I attach it to a support board. Also need to make sure it does not twist! The inspiration for this Scroll is from one of my friend's saris, I can never get enough of deep crimson. Probably something to do with lower light levels in winter...
Red Sari Scroll
140cm
Hand made Paper, oil paint

No comments:

Post a Comment