Tuesday 4 February 2014

China Plates

Detail from 'China Plates'
Work in progress
 I've been having some fun with my hand made paper...making paper 'china plates' with designs inspired by some of the lovely pieces in the V& A Museum. I originally did some research in the china collection last year for my 'Yellow Chinese Robe' panel painting, and loved the china so much I decided to try a more 3-D approach to reflect shape and design. Some details from the 'Yellow Chinese Robe' panel are incorporated. The paper is moulded on actual plates; the resulting concave shapes will prove a challenge to coat evenly the resin process. If this succeeds then larger projects are already planned!
'Princess' fragment
Work in progress
This is a smallish sized Fragment approx 12 " long,  and based on a Sari borrowed from a friend. This will be resined and backed as a small 'frameless Fragment'.

1 comment:

  1. I love the small plates Faye. They'd look delicious hung on the wall. Are they going in Art In the Heart?

    ReplyDelete